Citrix Systems

Growing company provide plenty of opportunities to high performers

Current Employee - Director in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Director in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Growing company provide plenty of opportunities to high performers

Cons

Hectic pace so you have to be ready to work hard and multitask

Communications is key as we get larger

877 Other Employee Reviews for Citrix Systems (View Most Recent)

Competitive, great benefits, opportunities for growth.

Former Employee - Event Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Event Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems

Pros

Lots of educational opportunities, pretty good benefits package, generally speaking, great group of people. One of the better large companies to work for in the South East area of Florida.

Cons

Opportunities definitely tied directly to your manager, how much pull they have within the organization and how much they support your long term goals. There is favoritism, and it becomes apparent when it's time for raises and/or promotions. I'm not saying competence is not rewarded, I'm just saying if you want something, you must be pretty aggressive about it and really build your connections.

Clear out the dead wood and those just passing time until they are eligible to retire

Great company to work for! The only downside is the size...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

It's a stable company, the technology is interesting, great benefits, and it seems like there are good possibilities for advancement. The company has weathered some tough times and made it through the last tech boom and bust successfully so I feel confident that it'll weather another recession successfully. There are so many locations it seems like it could be a good way to move around, there are offices in the UK, Australia, India, California, etc etc and it seems like they are very open to internal transfers. Best thing of all = lots of vacation time included in the standard benefits package.

Cons

It's so huge that sometimes you can feel lost. With so many acquisitions it's hard to know what's going on elsewhere. It's also hard to keep in sync with so many divisions and locations all over the world. There was also a lot of growth a few years ago that brought on people who were not very qualified and those have not been weeded out. Things have slowed down this year so not much new hiring either so we all feel stretched very thin. This is not a good place to work if you don't like the occasional crunch time.

Quit buying other companies and start innovating internally! And get serious about customer experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Citrix Systems