City College Florida

www.citycollege.edu
  www.citycollege.edu
There are newer employer reviews for City College Florida

City College in Florida offer Extraordinary, Educational, Experience!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Hollywood, FL
Current Employee - Executive Director in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at City College Florida

Pros

Public company that works diligently to give employees and graduates opportunities to better their lives and contribute to their community.

Cons

If you like a smaller company that things big....then this is a downside.

Expansion is the goal....Florida is the state. What about other states to take City College?

8 Other Employee Reviews for City College Florida (View Most Recent)

I learned many life experiences at City College.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at City College Florida full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I helped students to accomplish their goal by completing their degree and finding the job of their dream.

Cons

It was a difficult task as the student as any other students have great challenges with finances, family and other factor to help them complete their goals.

The students are your customer. They are the reason you are in business so make sure they are happy and you will be happy also.

Unprofessional from the Top down. Leaders who are only concerned with their salary

Former Employee - Desktop Support/Network Administrative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Desktop Support/Network Administrative in Miami, FL

I worked at City College Florida full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Looking for a paycheck, employees stick together, free classes, foot into a field, hard-working lower level employees, nice facilities

Cons

Leadership doesn't lead; just dictates, President and director are all friends or spouses of each other, Elitist club of senior management that is spending students cash on high-tech BS instead of improving quality education. i.e. No less than 10 $6,300 SMARTboard that teachers don't even know how to use. No room for growth unless one of the people above you died or divorced one of the other Campus Directors. Top management uses this college as their personal piggybank. Former president died of alcoholism, so his wife runs the show now. Honestly, I'm not sure if they are just really good at hiding their acts, but I'm really surprised that this place hasn't been shut down for embezzling, fraud or other legal issues. I was not given any opportunities for advancement. I was promised before hiring that I would be given the opportunities to work on additional projects and learn new skills which never happened.

For the record, I was a great employee, hard-working, never in trouble, positive attitude, bright and experienced, a bit too advanced for the work there. I ended up leaving for a much better paying job with higher earnings potential with a reputable and worldwide recognized company. This review only serves as a warning for others to just be careful and know what you are getting into.

Take some leadership classes, Motivate instead of delegate, don't substitute former Marine Corps recruiter experience for ACTUAL training, make room for growth for employees, hire decent directors.

There are newer employer reviews for City College Florida