City National

www.cnb.com

Times have changed Russell and we need to make those changes too if we are going to be successful in the future.

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

(1) It is one of the few major sized banks left in So California that is still headquartered here. (2) Its stock is mostly family owned so it is not as likely to get acquired in the near future
(3) People working here are good and it can be fun at times

Cons

(1) It is a small bank that has grown up, and doesn't really know what to do next. It has not "turned the corner" in its thinking, even though it is now much larger, and Mgmt feels that in most cases, they can continue to do business the old way, even though its competitors are passing it by.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys! We are not a small bank anymore and need to start thinking and managing our business as a large financial institution, not a boutique bank. Yes, we are high touch and have good customer service, but our clients have options and will continue put their money elsewhere unless we start paying higher deposit interest rates.

Other reviews for City National

A solid Regional Bank which excels in high touch Private Banking

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

A good regional Bank, with extreme emphasis on high touch Private Banking.

Cons

Due to its focused niche on Private Banking, other business opportunities tend to be marginalized.

N/A

Industry Leader a Good Place for Mature Careers

Current Employee - Finance  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great opportunities to work closely with management. Close family environment. Strong reputation in the industry.

Cons

Lean staff results in limited upside for future career moves. The current industry environment results in negative impact to CYN stock price, which decreases the value stock incentives.

More focus is needed on developing tomorrow's leaders. Management should communicate strategy, and steps necessary to implement said strategy, more thoroughly so that colleagues are all on the same page.

There are newer employer reviews for City National.

Worked for City National? Contribute to the Community!