City Year
www.cityyear.org Cleveland, OH 150 to 499 Employees

Give a year. A really really long year.

Senior Corps Member (Current Employee)
Columbia, SC

I have been working at City Year

ProsCity Year has a great culture and is well known in the community. We get free access to movie theaters, discounts at restaurants, and leave work each day knowing that we have made a difference in the lives of others.

ConsIt's really difficult work. 11 hour days are more common that shorter days. It's been a challenging year for sure. The biggest issue I have is that you feel very very unsupported. That's the worst part of the job, by far.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere has to be some kind of better support given to corps members without sacrificing the mission. I think City Year needs to leave AmeriCorps in order to provide staff better support w/o losing out on the "Ed Award" given by AmeriCorps each year.

Personally fulfilled, professionally unfulfilled

Recruitment Manager (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at City Year

Pros: Doing great work for youth Cons: The work is tiring and can be insular More

Own your CY experience

Senior Corps Member (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at City Year

Pros: City Year across the board does amazing work. I wish that it had 10 times the funding, as it is meeting a critical need, by… Cons: Sometimes City Year does make things more difficult or stressful than it needs to be. During initiative heavy times of… Advice to Senior Management: Providing more opportunities for professional development that don't take CMs out of service, especially shadowing. Allowing 1st… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on City Year.

Worked for City Year? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City Year reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for City Year CEO Michael Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by City Year employees.