City and County of San Francisco

www.sfgov.org
  www.sfgov.org
There are newer employer reviews for City and County of San Francisco

First year working in city government

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at City and County of San Francisco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The salary and benefits are very competitive. Most of the newer, younger employees have been great to work with. The nature of the work is very interesting, and my manager is very understanding. My manager has also listened to me and has changed my assignments based on what I'm interested in, which I appreciate.

Cons

A lot of the older works are stereotypical bureaucrats, who are very difficult trying to work around at times. I wish they would abolish the bumping system and I wish they could more easily fire the ineffective workers.

Figure out away to be able to fire the ineffective employees.

66 Other Employee Reviews for City and County of San Francisco (View Most Recent)

Job security but not growth

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at City and County of San Francisco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

extremely stable, difficult to get fired. Great benefits including dental, vision and life insurance.

Cons

No growth opportunities unless politically connected. Difficult personalities abound since it's practically impossible to get fired or be promoted. People stay in same position for years, decades.

work with unions to open up ways to motivate employees to become more productive rather than simply waiting for retirement.

Department of Elections trainer

Former Employee - Elections Trainer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Elections Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at City and County of San Francisco as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Smart staff, community connection, bike room for storing your bicycle, showers and working at City Hall is great.

Cons

Seasonal job did not allow steady and regular employment. Tight budgets make it hard to have quality office equipment and materials.

Take care of your top people. They are smart, have values and they care. Keep doing what you are doing; it's working.

There are newer employer reviews for City and County of San Francisco