City of Ames, Iowa
www.cityofames.org Ames, IA 150 to 499 Employees

A fun and rewarding chance to explore supervisor methods.

Gymnastics Site Director (Former Employee)

I worked at City of Ames, Iowa

ProsVery flexible schedule, follows Iowa State University schedule, a raise every year, room to grow and expand the programs, flexibility to learn how to be a good supervisor.

ConsLower pay than other places in town, management does not always get back to you in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to respond to your employees in a timely matter so they can best improve the program they are working on.

Excellent Internship

GIS/Planning Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at City of Ames, Iowa as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Friendly Staff, Very educational experience Cons: Could update department the technology Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

CyRide

Transit Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at City of Ames, Iowa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Driving a city bus gives a fun challenge to be learned. High pay… Cons: Positions are only part time, and getting hours in the summer is extremely difficult. Winter weather can create stressful situations. And driving… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on City of Ames, Iowa.

Worked for City of Ames, Iowa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Ames, Iowa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for City of Ames, Iowa CEO Ann Campbell. All reviews posted anonymously by City of Ames, Iowa employees.