City of Aurora, Colorado
auroragov.org Aurora, CO 150 to 499 Employees

A Great Summer Position.

Senior Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor (Former Employee)
Aurora, CO

ProsThe patrons are some of the most interesting you'll find, from the every morning regulars to the trouble makers. They'll always keep you on your toes! If you decide to teach swim lessons and devote yourself to your students, you'll build strong relationships to keep. It's a very relaxed and care-free environment.

ConsBecause of the entry level status, co-workers and supervisors are immature. Responsibility is a premium and it's hard to find. You'll pick up an extra shift because someone didn't show on a pretty regular basis, you'll have to re-do someone else's maintenance job because they didn't do it right and your supervisor likely won't put any repercussions for their poor work. Moving up is hard to do unless you become close with supervisors and sometimes fun gets in the way of safety on the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that more protocol needs to be put in place so that the City of Aurora isn't so bureaucratic. Managers should also be evaluated and relationships between management and staff should be professional and positive. Additionally, there should be repercussions for staff who don't do their job correctly, whether it's not performing safety procedure right, cleaning the facility or patron interaction. Taking care of the patron and facility should be top priority.

Satisfied with job expectations and salary

Aurora, CO

I have been working at City of Aurora, Colorado

Pros: Good people and comepensation with money and benefits Cons: City Councel and City Manager out of touch with how… Advice to Senior Management: Spend time in each department to see how the job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

How are we doing business today

I have been working at City of Aurora, Colorado full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Hmmm-fitness facility and cafe on site. Cons: Your tax dollars not at their finest. It is not… Advice to Senior Management: Acknowledge your worker bees, stop hiring from the outside at such high… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on City of Aurora, Colorado.

Worked for City of Aurora, Colorado? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Aurora, Colorado reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by City of Aurora, Colorado employees.