City of Carlsbad

www.carlsbadca.gov

I like my job, my co-workers, and our patrons, but the pay and benefits are non-existant.

Carlsbad City Library (Former Employee)

ProsThe hours are flexible, there is flexibility and freedom in the performance of job duties. The staff and most of the patrons are friendly and pleasant to work with.

ConsMost positions are part time with no benefits, no paid vacations, no holidays, or sick leave, no health insurance or retirement benefits of any kind, and no raises. Also, within the last couple years, there has been an increase in disrespect shown to public employees by the general public. You have to really enjoy this job and have another source of income to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarlsbad is a wonderful city in a nice area. The city is doing well financially and has a large reserve. Don't nickel and dime your employees or outsource city jobs.

Fun times at Kids Camp

Recreational Counselor (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

I worked at City of Carlsbad part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun staff. Walked to the beach and had great field… Cons: No pay raise after 4 years. Advice to Senior Management: Hire competent senior rec leaders. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not keeping up with cost of living in this area

Carlsbad City Library (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at City of Carlsbad part-time

Pros: We work in a team environment and most of the employees and supervisors are great to work with. The public attitude has improved towards… Cons: This is an affluent city and the cost of living is high here. In the last 6 years we have received only one cost of… Advice to Senior Management: Quit trying to save money at the expense of your employees. Stop hiring managers who come in and cut back and outsource jobs in order… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on City of Carlsbad.

Worked for City of Carlsbad? Contribute to the Community!