There are newer employer reviews for City of Costa Mesa

Great fun being a rolemodel for children with sacrificed pay and benefits.

Current Employee - Recreation Leader I in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Recreation Leader I in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at City of Costa Mesa

Pros

Love for doing work that may help others. Contribution toward community.

Cons

The pay is not the best but for a high school student or early college is respectable. They do not allow overtime. Are very strict with dress code ex. I am a recreation employ whos job is to supervise children and assist with activities, sports, an games, but they insist on designer jeans being unproffesional, as well as any patterned shorts whether it is black and grey plaid or subtle stripes.

To focus on both sides of the story when their is employee conflictions and put time in visiting the sites and providing necesities for proper functionality of the program.

reviews filtered by
  1. Limited promotion opportunity

I have been working at City of Costa Mesa part-time (more than a year)

Pros

dedicated people, friendly staff, citizen oriented

Cons

court ordered lay off/hiring freeze, little room for upward mobility, under paid, current political climate,

The city currently employs mostly unpaid interns as a result of the current budget problems and politicals. For a high school graduate or college student, the experience may be worthwhile but promotion is currently near impossible.

2. Lead and maintain an after school site for students, plan activities and games daily, sign participants in and out

Current Employee - Recreation Leader II in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Recreation Leader II in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at City of Costa Mesa part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible with school schedules, pretty easy to move up, employees are generally nice and fun to work with, kids are a blast to work with (most of the time).

Cons

Low pay, differences in how different sites are run, sometimes little to no leadership or training,

There are newer employer reviews for City of Costa Mesa