City of Houston
www.houstontx.gov Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

OK place to work

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsAt one time, great benefits as a tradeoff for poor salary. In bad financial times, the city did not WANT to afford to give raises, so they provided better benefits (vacation days, pension, etc).

ConsWhen times are tough, the city attacks benefits and forgets why we received them. The city is quick to forget deals they make for political reasons. You work for over 20+ years with the understanding of what's at the end-of-the road.. then, they change the deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop electing the people you do for Mayor and City Council.

City of Houston Dating Website

N/A (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at City of Houston full-time for less than a year

Pros: Flexible Schedule's, yep thats just about it.. Cons: Lazy Employee's, too many procedures, salary, gossip, drama, work load,… Advice to Senior Management: Take more time to get to know your employee's. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good place to work

I have been working at City of Houston

Pros: it was a cool place to work Cons: favoritism among the people in management Advice to Senior Management: do better Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on City of Houston.

Worked for City of Houston? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Houston reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for City of Houston CEO Annise D. Parker. All reviews posted anonymously by City of Houston employees.