City of New York
www.nyc.gov New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A Meaningful Career

New York, NY

I have been working at City of New York full-time for more than a year

ProsMost employees genuinely care about improving the lives of others and work tirelessly. Hours are very easy and make for a good work/life balance. Basic benefits packages are good. If you work hard, you can achieve great results.

ConsExpect low salaries and poor benefits, as it is public sector. Processes are bureaucratic and can be hard to move quickly. Culture is political at higher levels, but is to be expected. Little mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for supportive, results-oriented leadership.

Relaxed

Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at City of New York as an intern for more than a year

Pros: Some good people, Great Summer pay Cons: No real-world experience, Nepotism, Too many politics, Gossip and Holier-than-thou… Advice to Senior Management: Level with your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Undesirable Experience

Administrative Manager (Former Employee)
Bronx, NY

I worked at City of New York full-time for less than a year

Pros: The patients are very gracious and happy to receive the… Cons: Too much bureaucracy and red tape. The leadership in the… Advice to Senior Management: If you hire something to be a manager, let them be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on City of New York.

Worked for City of New York? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of New York reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for City of New York CEO Michael R Bloomberg. All reviews posted anonymously by City of New York employees.