City of Odessa
www.ci.odessa.tx.us 500 to 999 Employees

Ok if you want a stable job. Very little supervison when you know what your doing. Rock bottom Pay. Good Benifits

I & E Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at City of Odessa

ProsThey got 2-1 retirement. Layed back most part friendly. Great benifits free clinic and gym. You can build your time off. Lots of holidays. Supervisors tend to work with you. You feel good when you help the city not run out of water.

ConsVery low pay. 12-18hr in the low end jobs such as I&E tech or maintiance or plant operator.. Management has tends to support themselfs. Passed up twice for supervisor. Been there 5 yr. My new supervisors got fired for not knowing job. But if you get in good with the supervisors they will promote you. They recently didnt promote a 25 yr employee and chose to hire a employee that only been there 6 months. He later left 2 yr later. Most all the Veterns were basically force to retired due to no promotion. Management doesnt acknowledge your work. Promised training when started never sent or given any training. Some jobs perform are very dangerous. Lack of ppe.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the people that been there longer. Provide better training. Reduce micromanagment. Listen to your employees. Reduce hostile work enviroment. Better pay. Hire more people . Treat employees like there human.

Good place to start a career.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at City of Odessa

Pros: Pension, good benefits, including a health clinic and employee and fitness center. Good… Cons: Poor communication from the top, lack of modern technology applications. Management tends to ignore problems or… Advice to Senior Management: More investment in personnel development, improved use of and training… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Secure position, but low pay

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at City of Odessa full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Many benefits: retirement, insurance, free clinic and gym, plus other… Cons: Lower pay than the private businesses, but benefits do compensate for… Advice to Senior Management: Make salaries more comparable with the private industry locally Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on City of Odessa.

Worked for City of Odessa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at City of Odessa reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by City of Odessa employees.