City of Seattle

www.seattle.gov

it's not the sexiest job, but I feel proud to contribute to the overall development and improvement of the city.

Senior Environmental Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat work/life balance, great benefits, and wonderful people to work with. Folks don't work here for the money, but because they believe in what they're doing. Plus, it's a chance to work on projects that impact the lives of thousands of people (whether they realize it or not).

ConsAs with any government (and many large organizations) you have to deal with bureaucracy and politics. There is a lot of process and thinking by committee, sometimes for the most trivial or mundane of tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more opportunities to cross-train staff, temporary placements with other divisions or departments, and develop new skills. I would like to see more opportunities for career development, as work can get routine and stagnant fairly quickly (depending of course on one's role in the organization).

Could be the best utility to work for, but....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at City of Seattle

Pros: This is one of largest public electric utilities in the country with a lot of history and pride. Utility customer base is very "green"… Cons: Unfortunately, the organization is too political. All budget is ultimately controlled by the City Council that has its own agenda often not in the best… Advice to Senior Management: Distance the utility from the City Government by creating an… More

You can still have a lift outside of work

Attorney (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at City of Seattle

Pros: nice people, great benefits, reasonable hours Cons: support staff that slacks off and there is no penalty Advice to Senior Management: get rid of bad support staff Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on City of Seattle.

Worked for City of Seattle? Contribute to the Community!