There are newer employer reviews for City of Seattle

Great Work as a Finance Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Finance Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Finance Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at City of Seattle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office was on the 30th floor in premium office space in downtown Seattle. Hours were 8:30am - 5pm. Rarely worked overtime and never worked weekends once in two years. Smart staff, easy workload, and terrific pay and benefits. Nearly perfect job security, almost as secure as academic tenure at a university.

Cons

Municipal government work can be quite boring at times. The bureaucracy and slow pace can be frustrating at times. Many employees were unfriendly, and it was very difficult to fire poorly performing workers. The work schedule was inflexible -- you had to be at your desk 8:30am - 5pm every day, regardless of whether there was work to do or not. No working from home.

I worked under very good managers while there, who helped me develop professionally and gave me all the resources I needed to succeed at my job. My only advice would be to try to promote and keep smart young people on staff, and try to clear out as many unproductive and unprofessional workers as you can.

86 Other Employee Reviews for City of Seattle (View Most Recent)

It was the worst experience of my life

I worked at City of Seattle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits and nice people in my division

Cons

Disorganized, too political without caring for the people. If you like your reputation, don't work there.

Turn over the entire LAD

Great place to work for a turtle...

I have been working at City of Seattle

Pros

It all depends on the department and team you are working on. The team I work on is like minded and in the know for web usability and design. It is a fun working environment and I enjoy what I am doing. It is a very relaxed work environment and in the heart of seattle.

Cons

Like many large companies, Seattle Public Utilities moves very slowly and it takes a while to get projects moving / completed.

There are newer employer reviews for City of Seattle

Worked for City of Seattle? Contribute to the Community!