There are newer employer reviews for City of Thousand Oaks

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at City of Thousand Oaks part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, good pay, treats their employees well

Cons

advancement is not easy- alot of positions are part time so you dont have access to insurance.

5 Other Employee Reviews for City of Thousand Oaks (View Most Recent)

City of TO

Former Employee - Acct Assistant in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Acct Assistant in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at City of Thousand Oaks part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Test people to work with, great hours, best training I ever had at a job. Rasies are yearly as well as cost of living raises.

Cons

no room for advancement. People stay at the same positions for 20 years. I have known many people who work an important postion for 10 or 15 years without benefites. Its tough to get benefits there as well as full time..

YOU really should give people beenfits and more full time postions so they wouldnt have to look for work elsewhere. Other than that its a wonderfulplace to work.

Great first experience working for the local government.

Former Employee - Administrative Clerk II in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Clerk II in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at City of Thousand Oaks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours. Worked a 4/10, which allowed me to have a 3 day weekend normally, and quite often a 4 day weekend. Benefits were amazing, which is usually the case at any government job. Vacation and sick hours accrue fast. Pay was higher than average and there were several opportunities for overtime.

Cons

Unfortunately promotions do not come up very often working for the City. A City employee may leave, however with budget cuts, that does not always mean they will open up the job to current employees after the former employee resigns. 30 minute lunch is not ideal, unless you plan to bring your lunch daily.

Keep up the good work. I loved the fact that I was rewarded for every project I completed, and I had the best boss in the City! I really appreciated the constant uplifting and pat on the back.

There are newer employer reviews for City of Thousand Oaks