City of Waterbury, CT

www.waterburyct.org

The city's entire Department of Education incapable of running its school system.

Teacher (Current Employee) Waterbury, CT

ProsThe best reason to work (and live) in the city is the people who live here. There are many multi-generational hard workimg middle class homeowners who are proud of their city.

ConsThe Department of Education is a mess. They claim to put "kids first" but their policies do not reflect this. They are so wrapped up in protecting themselves from bad press and potential litigation that their education policies are not conducive to student success.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in the classroom, not touring the building with administrators. Get to know your teachers and seek advice from them. They are the ones who truly care about the students and are most capable of provideing effective solutions.

HR and supervisors actually cared.

Telecommunicator I (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

I worked at City of Waterbury, CT full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits, union, has the most employees in the city, HR… Cons: Jobs less than part time have no benefits or union. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Waterbury, CT

I worked at City of Waterbury, CT part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: good job but very slow growth potential Cons: good job but slow growth and poor pay No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on City of Waterbury, CT.

Worked for City of Waterbury, CT? Contribute to the Community!