There are newer employer reviews for CityGrid Media

Ability to work with Smart, Kind, Fun, Unique, Driven, Educated and Hard Working people every day!

Current Employee - Manager  in  West Hollywood, CA
Current Employee - Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at CityGrid Media

Pros

We work in an Agile environment where everyone contributes and has a meaningful voice on the team. I love the Friday, "Coffee Talk" with CEO, Jay Herratti's 30 minute sessions. Through these sessions, I've learned so much about other departments in the company by hearing a cross section of cross-functional team members talk about what they're working on. Enjoy working on tough, interesting projects and new challenges and being recognized personally and with my teammates for our contributions.

Cons

Since the company is such an open work environment and floor plan, its sometimes difficult to find open huddle rooms where several of us can meet and work out problems on white board space since there aren't too many meeting rooms. The days go quickly so I often wish more more time.

No new advice to give here since when I've approached my leader and executives with ideas and thoughts, they have given me guidance and offered feedback and implemented change when it was warrented.
I don't understand the negative Glassdoor reviews as they seem false and either written by disgruntled former employees who may have been let go due to not being able to perform to the performance standards or simply falsely written by someone as a way to try to get CityGrid to advertise into thinking that the false reviews will be removed?

64 Other Employee Reviews for CityGrid Media (View Most Recent)

Stimulating, challenging, fun, rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at CityGrid Media

Pros

Everyone's smart. And nice. Beautiful building with insane views. Very competitive local search platform. Managers who support and listen. I was really please with how READY everyone was for me from day 1, and how I've consistently had all the resources I need to be successful, while still maintaining a comfortable autonomy.

Cons

I'm happy to report that so far no downsides! The location can be a little tricky to access, but that of course depends on where you're coming from.

Remain mindful of the big-picture / career path for each member of your team. Make sure channels of communication are clear and open, especially inter-departmentally.

give second preference

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at CityGrid Media

Pros

good location, nice building, Friday bagels and fruits.you get nice laptop. nice cubical. nice annual parties and company parties. There are some new stuff to work on but it's limited to some groups but not all groups.

Cons

There are some many waste people. Too many managers and product managers. Product managers are completely waste. They don't know anything and try to pressure you unnecessarily to make their job safe. Some product managers get the technical info from engineers and take the credit.

Your ideas will not be considered. No promotions to senior long time employees. No bonus.

Listen to employees and reduce product managers and managers. Respect and promote long time employers instead of hiring new managers.

There are newer employer reviews for CityGrid Media

Worked for CityGrid Media? Contribute to the Community!