Civil Service United Kingdom

www.civilservice.gov.uk

An employer that practise what government preaches

Chief of Staff (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlexible working, the opportunity to take your career in new and unexpected directions, good access to training, generally good terms and conditions.

ConsKnowing that whatever you do will never be good enough for some opportunistic politicians and sections of the media. The current pay freeze, changes to the pension and revised terms and conditions have all reduced the benefits of working in the civil service, without any compensating improvement elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let your higher salaries and immunity from many of the changes coming let you stop fighting to defend your staff and the value of what we do..

Flexi flexi

I have been working at Civil Service United Kingdom full-time

Pros: Flexi time is the largest positive, pay is lower than equivalent positions in… Cons: Pay is a significant con and there are always strikes related to this and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good committed people, a good work/life balance and you're working for the public good

Regional Head of Emergency Planning (Current Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Civil Service United Kingdom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Working for the public good. Committed, intelligent colleagues. Good work… Cons: Over-centralised. Little opportunity for rapid promotion unless on one of the various 'Fast Streams'.… Advice to Senior Management: Truly de-centralise and empower mid/senior managers. Use 'mission tactics' not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Civil Service United Kingdom.

Worked for Civil Service United Kingdom? Contribute to the Community!