Claire's Accessories UK

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Accessories UK

It's not an easy ride

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Claire's Accessories UK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy progression if your a supervisor who works hard.
50% off stock
Promoting our brand in dress up can be fun
Close knit team

Cons

Only getting paid for 40 even tho you can often work 50 hrs a week
skeleton staff,regardless of store turnover.
Ear piercing weeks are mayhem with no staff, customers end up very disgruntled.
working 14 days over Christmas with 1 day off is exhausting
staff have 4 hour contracts & don't stick around for long
Re training new staff without extra hours
Plano-gram & complete re merch of the store every 13 weeks
salary not very enticing

Focus on supporting your teams who work hard, stay late & sleep eat & breathe claire's for results.
Reward/praise the teams that do well instead of naming & shaming stores that don't.

More hours would be more profitable to the company

23 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Accessories UK (View Most Recent)

Extremely fun, allowing me to be creative while learning a lot about customer service and sales.

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Buxton, East Midlands, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Buxton, East Midlands, England (UK)

I worked at Claire's Accessories UK part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get the chance to be creative with fashion and styles. The staff, managers, head office staff are friendly and are always there to help you progress with your career. It's a strong network between employees and head office staff. The products are fun and are on trend. You get to serve a variety of different customers and really put the customer service skills you've learnt during your training into practice. Great extrinsic benefits - good girl vouchers, hampers, holidays for winning teams.

Cons

The pay is minimum wage - I feel for the amount of work you do it should be a little higher. You can't take holidays during block periods (beginning of summer holidays, Christmas) - this was a problem for me as I was a student and couldn't go home for longer than a week at Christmas.

As a sales assistant I looked up to higher management, especially head office staff in merchandising/buying etc. It would have been good to have been given the chance to visit these departments in their offices as some members of management do. I feel this would be extremely motivational to store employees who have a passion for fashion and aspire to progress their career into these pathways.

Work alone and make hardly anything

I have been working at Claire's Accessories UK

Pros

If your a manager you get earned sick time, religious, personal and vacation pay.

Cons

You are required to get so much done in so little time. You are viewed as replaceable even after 7 years of being there. Your not valued what so ever. This is a national problem not just my area. I came from other states with different dms and rsm. They give no payroll to help get task done. You have to service customers do plano markdowns and clean with no help and god forbid a corp person walks in and u are doing task..u get chewed out cause customers should be more important yet if they walk in and no work is done then ur also getting yelled at

Appreciate your employees. Pay them more or give more payroll to lighten the load.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Accessories UK