Fair pay, not a bad job, just be prepared for millions of Bieber loving 11-year-olds.

Former Employee - Third Key  in  West Dundee, IL
Former Employee - Third Key in West Dundee, IL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Pretty good pay
Lots of freedom to complete your work on your own
Sweet discount - 50% off of all merchandise.

Cons

Music by the Cheetah Girls, Jonas Brothers, and Justin Bieber
I was unlucky with a terrible manager
Forced to push stupid little products to increase the average daily sale.

Please remember that just because you are a manager at Claire's, that does not make you a God. Try to understand where your emoyees are coming from.

Other Reviews for Claire's Stores

Rewarding yet stressful

Former Employee - Third Key Holder  in  Houma, LA
    Former Employee - Third Key Holder in Houma, LA

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Understanding employers
    Decent pay ($8 per hour when I left)
    Learning opportunity (ear piercing)
    Helping customers accessorize
    Creative and colorful company

Cons

Incessant shoplifting (always be vigilant)
    Tiring due to nature of work (on your feet)
    Stressful if someone quits, is fired, or calls in (not many co-workers)
    Personal life often seeps in to the workplace

Please consider allowing your better employees the ability to arrange the store's set-up. I worked with someone who saw better locations for merchandise, but due to the store's floor plan, she couldn't implement her ideas. We all agreed that her vision was far more appealing.

Fun place, nice customers, but low pay

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

I loved ear piercing. Little girls would come back to the mall with big smiles and tell you how good they are taking care of there ears after you pierced them. it happened a lot and it was always very cute! The days didn't drag on since there was always something to do, putting out stock, ringing up a purchase, reorganizing all the stuff that people messed up while shopping.

Cons

Kids would skip school and come in and rob the place blind. Mall security is supposed to come and help you when you witness some one leave the store with an item they didnt pay for- but it took them for ever and I was often in the store by myself. I should have had more help, but the hours that we were given to schedule our staff for was never enough. We were a high volume store (just under a million dollar store) and we had a skeleton staff. This was even harder in x-mas season- when the mall is open later and you still have the same amount of labor hours to use.

dont think of this as a career- it will only frustrate you. instead enjoy the light and fun environment. if you can make bonuses- they are good, and they have prizes for contests from time to time too. Over all- it's a low paying job, but fun. and you get first dibs on the clearance earrings!

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!