There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

Absolute worst job ever!

Former Employee - Third Key  in  Sioux City, IA
Former Employee - Third Key in Sioux City, IA

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Amazing discount, 50% off regularly priced items
Most associates were great to work with

Cons

Female dominated workplace, lots of cattiness!

Way too much focus on ADS and UPT. It was a daily hassle and worrying of what my individual ADS would be. Returns tanked your ADS so people got really rude with customers trying to discourage returns/exchanges.

There is never enough payroll for two people to work at the same outside of weekend evenings (Saturday/Sunday).

You are always by yourself. They did not seem to care whether we got to take lunches or not. I many times worked 9:30 to 5 by myself without a break. The company did not seem to care because our state law did not require a break after 5 hours like most do.

Never enough staff because there is never enough payroll to be given out to keep people. Half of the time I worked at Claire's it was me as a third key, my store manager, and a sales associate. I worked six days a week and on my "day off" I had to come in for an hour to give my store manager a smoke break.

District Managers need to be more indepth that basic procedures are being followed. Several times the schedule for the week would end on Saturday night and you would not know what you were working the week ahead by that Saturday. SM are supposed to have schedules submitted to their boss two weeks ahead of time, but mine apparently did not notice or care.

Get a better process of marking things down. You waste so much of your companys payroll and employees time making them scan each individual sku every month to see if it is marked down or discarded. Get with the times and have a printable list of each sku and how many there are of that sku for markdowns.

Less focus on ADS as well. It makes working here so stressful. Everyone complains about it. Many times we are selling to children (14 and under) and it is really hard to "upsell" and add-on to a customer who only has $15 to spend.

306 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores (View Most Recent)

If you want a job where you feel like a number..go for it!

Former Employee - Third Key  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Third Key in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Flexible hours
    Working with people
    Employee discount
    Day goes by quicker because you're constantly busy
    If you like to work alone this is the job for you

Cons

Managers and DMs aren't very nice or helpful. Your training consists of watching a couple videos and taking tests on them and after that you're on your own. Your hard work is never good enough because you're constantly having to raise your ADS and UPT. If you don't make your sales your hours get cut down until they basically don't exist. They want you to quit but they don't want to fire you! Catty atmosphere where anything you make a mistake on or don't get finished gets you written up. It is quite frankly a scary place to work! You definitely get snide remarks if you're not dressed like you're going out on a friday night, and leave it to the managers to have you ring up someone who only buys something for 5.00 so that their ADS and UPT don't drop but yours will!

Treat your employees with more respect. Encourage them and tell them how to do better instead of just running them off for actually trying to help people get what they want instead of stuffing more unnecessary things down their throat just to make an extra buck.

Low pay

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

quick advancement
    flexible hours and scheduling

Cons

low pay
    success depends on DM you have

promote within rather than hire outside managers, they usually dont make it here.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!