Claire's Stores

GREAT BENEFITS but SLAVE WAGES

Current Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

Time goes by fast if you are organized and know how to task out your jobs. You have to be neat and organized to manage a store...so many details could drive you crazy. The little girls who remember you from piercing their ears is always cute and rewarding :)

Cons

NEVER enough payroll. No lunch breaks for managers...most days you are by yourself all day long. The communication between the district manager is pretty much non-existent. You eventually just stop calling and leaving messages because they are never returned.

It is pretty much impossible to hire good 3rd keys with the wage we are allowed to offer. And if you do find a good employee it is hard to keep them because they are scouted out by other retailers that pay better.

Managers also NEVER get a Friday and Saturday off. Even just one weekend a month would be nice. It burns you out. A few more personal days would be a bonus as well.We work hard man, we deserve it.

UP THE PAY FOR 3rd KEYS!!!! I have had some great applicants but can't hire the good ones because of the low-balled wage.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores (View Most Recent)

semi rewarding, no advancement after the SM level

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

good benefits, semi flexible work schedule,

Cons

not enough hours given to complete task work in time allowed, constant changes in schedules due to new stores not being ready to begin set up, single coverage when we do ear piercing services which leaves the store basically unattended during the process.

I'm satisfied working at Claire's.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

District Managers and above are very involved in the growth and development of its stores.

Cons

Claire's needs to come in line with 2012 technology.

Press your staff to be efficient and proactive.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores