GREAT BENEFITS but SLAVE WAGES

Current Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

Time goes by fast if you are organized and know how to task out your jobs. You have to be neat and organized to manage a store...so many details could drive you crazy. The little girls who remember you from piercing their ears is always cute and rewarding :)

Cons

NEVER enough payroll. No lunch breaks for managers...most days you are by yourself all day long. The communication between the district manager is pretty much non-existent. You eventually just stop calling and leaving messages because they are never returned. It is pretty much impossible to hire good 3rd keys with the wage we are allowed to offer. And if you do find a good employee it is hard to keep them because they are scouted out by other retailers that pay better. Managers also NEVER get a Friday and Saturday off. Even just one weekend a month would be nice. It burns you out. A few more personal days would be a bonus as well.We work hard man, we deserve it.

Advice to Management

UP THE PAY FOR 3rd KEYS!!!! I have had some great applicants but can't hire the good ones because of the low-balled wage.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I'm satisfied working at Claire's.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

District Managers and above are very involved in the growth and development of its stores.

Cons

Claire's needs to come in line with 2012 technology.

Advice to Management

Press your staff to be efficient and proactive.

2. Awesome

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, NY

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

+ Fun work environment + A lot of room for growth + Small staff - good communication + Learning opportunities + Employee discount (50%) + Fast-paced + Working with children and teenagers + Responsibility of ear piercings

Cons

- Young employees (16/17 year old sales associates) - A lot of theft and damages - A lot of merchandise to keep track of and recover