Claire's Stores
www.clairestores.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Okay to start but don't transfer.

Third Key Holder (Former Employee)
Yuma, AZ

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsThe discount is one of the best I have seen.
I had an amazing boss, who pushed me and made me better
The product is fun and you get to "dress up"
You can move up if you push yourself to go above and beyond.

ConsI requested a transfer and it was granted to me but the lead manager at the new store never worked me and I was forced to find a new job.
Corporate does not pay management what they are worth. Third keys get paid .15 over min. wage and they work crazy hours.
All the bad just runs down hill and if you have a bad manager you could get blamed of every problem in the store, because District managers pressure managers who in turn over push their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure HR answers their voice mails, when I had my transfer issue I could not get a hold of the HR department so I call both my DM's and all they could say was talk to HR. Big circle and nothing was ever done.

Stressful.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: * The discount is great. * Working in such a young environment will help you stay on top of middle school trends, if you're into… Cons: * No breaks. You work by yourself almost at all times. If you do happen to get a lunch, it's almost never the amount of… Advice to Senior Management: Please get realistic about what you expect from your employees. If you're going to continue to demand so much, at least pay them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Absolute WORST job I have ever had.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Get to pierce ears - Nice discount on items - Work… Cons: - Very LOW payroll - Training system is a joke - Constantly being told you're "watched" by the District Manager - Stupid daily tasks that are unnecessary - Working… Advice to Senior Management: I was the assistant manager, and I would like to advise my manager and district manager… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding. All reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees.