Claire's Stores
www.clairestores.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Nice place to get management experience

Third Key Holder (Current Employee)

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat discount
Ear piercing is a fun experience
My coworkers have become really good friends and we hang out a lot outside of work
I enjoy helping customers who need accessories for an upcoming event like prom or a wedding
If you need management experience under your belt, this is a good place to start out because they only require you to have 3-6 months of experience and be over the age of 18.

ConsLong shifts; usually alone so no lunch breaks
Children who come in without their parents and massacre the store
I feel like I have to babysit customers to make sure they aren't stealing anything.
Handing a customer a basket isn't going to make them want to buy more and it's not going to prevent shoplifting..
I've noticed that a lot of the shipment we are getting in is not in the Plano binder, so I try to find the best place for it and then get yelled at by management.
The dress code rules seem like they have been changing every week. The company just needs to decide on something and stick with it.
Training is the worst.
Not given enough time to do closing procedures/paperwork. We get thirty minutes to do several pages of paperwork that includes calculation, count drawers, fill out deposit bag and slips, change orders, gather trash and vacuum.
The store visits, PM shops and secret shoppers and how the company uses that to scare it's employees and to put pressure on them.
All Claire's products are made in China. Need I write more about that?

Advice to Senior ManagementThe way you are running this company just does not make sense. There are things you could to do make things easier on the employees and you aren't doing them. Oh, and when the ADS, UPT, E.P.'s and C.W. numbers are down-- don't blame it on the employee because it's not their fault. They do their part, mostly everything entirely up to the customer. They usually don't want to spend twenty dollars on a cheaply made pair of earrings.

An alright company if you're into retail

Third Key (Current Employee)

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Fun environment, products really sell themselves and it's a super… Cons: Entirely too many floor changes. There are a million items in the store and every little thing has… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not Organized

Third Keyholder (Former Employee)
Hyannis, MA

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: the only pro is 50% off discount Cons: scheduling was difficult, never a employee meeting, i was never able to take a break because i… Advice to Senior Management: sales and signage change really often. create a lot of work for the money paid. not enough incentives to keep positive attitudes up. scheduling was… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding. All reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees.