There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

Nice place to get management experience

Current Employee - Third Key Holder
Current Employee - Third Key Holder

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great discount
Ear piercing is a fun experience
My coworkers have become really good friends and we hang out a lot outside of work
I enjoy helping customers who need accessories for an upcoming event like prom or a wedding
If you need management experience under your belt, this is a good place to start out because they only require you to have 3-6 months of experience and be over the age of 18.

Cons

Long shifts; usually alone so no lunch breaks
Children who come in without their parents and massacre the store
I feel like I have to babysit customers to make sure they aren't stealing anything.
Handing a customer a basket isn't going to make them want to buy more and it's not going to prevent shoplifting..
I've noticed that a lot of the shipment we are getting in is not in the Plano binder, so I try to find the best place for it and then get yelled at by management.
The dress code rules seem like they have been changing every week. The company just needs to decide on something and stick with it.
Training is the worst.
Not given enough time to do closing procedures/paperwork. We get thirty minutes to do several pages of paperwork that includes calculation, count drawers, fill out deposit bag and slips, change orders, gather trash and vacuum.
The store visits, PM shops and secret shoppers and how the company uses that to scare it's employees and to put pressure on them.
All Claire's products are made in China. Need I write more about that?

Advice to Management

The way you are running this company just does not make sense. There are things you could to do make things easier on the employees and you aren't doing them. Oh, and when the ADS, UPT, E.P.'s and C.W. numbers are down-- don't blame it on the employee because it's not their fault. They do their part, mostly everything entirely up to the customer. They usually don't want to spend twenty dollars on a cheaply made pair of earrings.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. ok starter company, but they do not like to promote from within

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

company has a ton of long term members
    fun atmosphere
    love the ear piercing

Cons

the upermanagement say they like to promote from within the company, but truth is, it's very hard to move up to higher management
    the work load is extremly huge, with small staffs, little hours and low pay for sales associates, 3rd keys, assistant managers, and store managers
    If you move up in statis (example store manager trainer) there is no pay increase.

2. An alright company if you're into retail

Current Employee - Third Key
    Current Employee - Third Key

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, products really sell themselves and it's a super easy job.

Cons

Entirely too many floor changes. There are a million items in the store and every little thing has to be changed to a completely different area of the store, while the store is open. It's very messy.