Great company to work for!!!

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

Great growth potential
Fun atmosphere
Great employees, many long term

Cons

none, I think it is a good company to work for.

Other Reviews for Claire's Stores

Claire's is a great company for people just starting out.

Current Employee - Store Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Store Sales Manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love how organized Claire's is and the environment at work as long as you have a great team. I also love how customer service focused Claire's is.

Cons

Claire's does not pay enough for the amount of work management does and they do not promoted within enough.

Nice place to get management experience

Current Employee - Third Key Holder
    Current Employee - Third Key Holder

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great discount
    Ear piercing is a fun experience
    My coworkers have become really good friends and we hang out a lot outside of work
    I enjoy helping customers who need accessories for an upcoming event like prom or a wedding
    If you need management experience under your belt, this is a good place to start out because they only require you to have 3-6 months of experience and be over the age of 18.

Cons

Long shifts; usually alone so no lunch breaks
    Children who come in without their parents and massacre the store
    I feel like I have to babysit customers to make sure they aren't stealing anything.
    Handing a customer a basket isn't going to make them want to buy more and it's not going to prevent shoplifting..
    I've noticed that a lot of the shipment we are getting in is not in the Plano binder, so I try to find the best place for it and then get yelled at by management.
    The dress code rules seem like they have been changing every week. The company just needs to decide on something and stick with it.
    Training is the worst.
    Not given enough time to do closing procedures/paperwork. We get thirty minutes to do several pages of paperwork that includes calculation, count drawers, fill out deposit bag and slips, change orders, gather trash and vacuum.
    The store visits, PM shops and secret shoppers and how the company uses that to scare it's employees and to put pressure on them.
    All Claire's products are made in China. Need I write more about that?

The way you are running this company just does not make sense. There are things you could to do make things easier on the employees and you aren't doing them. Oh, and when the ADS, UPT, E.P.'s and C.W. numbers are down-- don't blame it on the employee because it's not their fault. They do their part, mostly everything entirely up to the customer. They usually don't want to spend twenty dollars on a cheaply made pair of earrings.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!