Claire's Stores

www.clairestores.com
  www.clairestores.com
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

Fun at times but not enough hours/people

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Claire's Stores full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Piercing ears is really fun, I love talking with the customers and really getting to know them, then helping others find jewelry for specific events, special outfits, ect. You have alot of regular customers so you get to know people really fast and having good customers makes your job fun.

Cons

Not enough hours in a day to do everything they want done. You are expected to work new planograms, sort shipment (usually 3-9 boxes at a time) help customers, and prevent shoplifting. For me the shoplifting was the worst, if you are alone and having to watch people they tend to notice so I did have people follow me outside of work before because of that. They really push deadlines but dont give enough hours for them. They want you to give great cusstomer service, duh, but it has to be there way, you cant ask a customer if they are looking for something, you pretty much have to demand they tell you something you want to see in the store, and we dont offer you baskets, no, we must force one into your hand or we are not doing our job. Floor is too crowded with merchandise, which makes customers with strollers and those in wheelchairs angry and every time our DM would come in she would make the floor tighter.

Give more hours to your stores, you will notice increase sales and lower shrink especially if you give hours to properly train associates. Reduce the amount of fixtures on floor so people can comfortably move and shop. Dont force them to look at product or take baskets, allow the customer to decide what they want and assist them any way you can.

341 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores (View Most Recent)

Claire's is a great company for people just starting out.

Current Employee - Store Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Store Sales Manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love how organized Claire's is and the environment at work as long as you have a great team. I also love how customer service focused Claire's is.

Cons

Claire's does not pay enough for the amount of work management does and they do not promoted within enough.

ok starter company, but they do not like to promote from within

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

company has a ton of long term members
    fun atmosphere
    love the ear piercing

Cons

the upermanagement say they like to promote from within the company, but truth is, it's very hard to move up to higher management
    the work load is extremly huge, with small staffs, little hours and low pay for sales associates, 3rd keys, assistant managers, and store managers
    If you move up in statis (example store manager trainer) there is no pay increase.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores