Claire's Stores

www.clairestores.com
  www.clairestores.com
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

You put in a lot of work, but a good place to start

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% discount on merchandise. Great experience and was a great place to put on your resume. Got to be trendy and have my tattoos and nose piercing.

Cons

They do not give you enough work-task balance time, especially in a high volume store. They want you to be by yourself, check and start shipment, help customers, and pierce customers ears. Not enough pay for what you have to do in management.

Listen to your Managers!

341 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores (View Most Recent)

I loved this job even though I wasn't paid very well...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many opportunities for promotions, amazing management re-hired me whenever I was on break from college (even for just a couple weeks), fun place to work at (besides customers), always busy-never bored, very flexible with hours, coworkers are friendly and fun, a lot of things to do, great store discount

Cons

Not very well paid but you do get raises the longer you're there (without asking!), customers are annoying sometimes, stupid/annoying dress code, district manager shows up randomly for hours at a time and works employees' jobs, called in frequently to cover someone else's shift or additional hours that weren't scheduled for, consistently worried about being fired for small things (miss one on call and you're fired)

Fun atmosphere yet easily burned out.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Tends to be small yet very close & personable work experience in indiv stores
    - Not a hard job unless part of a poorly managed store (which tends to happen a great deal more than it should)
    - Decent benefits
    - Fun atmosphere, very easy to sell the product as long as you are both child-friendly & in keen to fashionable acessories

Cons

- Long hours by yourself
    - Company makes it exceptionally hard to create a schedule both good for business & on employees (which you would think they would work on but alas, they have not)
    - Holidays are nuts - Expect "too much" (this will be my 7th year there - it absolutely is too much) from upper management during holiday season
    - Company tends to hire outside of store vs promote within
    - Company does not understand the term "job burn out" or "employee morale" which easily makes workers feel as though they are easily replaceable & the company is just out for profiit
    - Third key management no longer receives any sort of bonus for good sales within the store (unless grandfathered in)

Hire new Human Resource Management employees. The current obviously have no idea how to keep employee morale high enough for what the company demands with the kind of pay that they are willing to dish out.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores