There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

Not a good career choice

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ear piercing, although some families are difficult!
Cute kids, most of the time!
Always busy, never bored.
Great vacation hrs

Cons

Overload of work
Poorly paid regardless of past experiences! Third Keys are paid the worst & have a lot of responsibles, some being paid only a dollar more than sales associates!
Under pressure to achieve every goal you are given, ep, ads, upt, sales, cashwrap, etc......
Not always appreciated
Micro managed
On your own a lot without a break
Inadequate hours to achieve tasks, visuals, markdowns etc.... Super woman is not real!!
10 for 10, the worst! Customers are dumb, constantly repeating an explanation of promo!
Customers complain about almost everything & will report you to Company of their 'bad' experience even though you were following policy!!

Communication is the worst, DSM does not follow up with phone calls until a few days later!
Managers 'run' to DSM with almost every problem, GROW UP!!

320 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores (View Most Recent)

You put in a lot of work, but a good place to start

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

50% discount on merchandise. Great experience and was a great place to put on your resume. Got to be trendy and have my tattoos and nose piercing.

Cons

They do not give you enough work-task balance time, especially in a high volume store. They want you to be by yourself, check and start shipment, help customers, and pierce customers ears. Not enough pay for what you have to do in management.

Listen to your Managers!

I loved this job even though I wasn't paid very well...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Troy, MI

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Many opportunities for promotions, amazing management re-hired me whenever I was on break from college (even for just a couple weeks), fun place to work at (besides customers), always busy-never bored, very flexible with hours, coworkers are friendly and fun, a lot of things to do, great store discount

Cons

Not very well paid but you do get raises the longer you're there (without asking!), customers are annoying sometimes, stupid/annoying dress code, district manager shows up randomly for hours at a time and works employees' jobs, called in frequently to cover someone else's shift or additional hours that weren't scheduled for, consistently worried about being fired for small things (miss one on call and you're fired)

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores