Claire's Stores

www.clairestores.com

Drama Central for Low pay

Current Employee - Third Keyholder
Current Employee - Third Keyholder

Pros

Good discount, interesting clientele, good training on ear piercings.

Cons

Pay is awful. & It's a predominantly female population, with a lot of female drama. I don't think there's been a day where I've worked with one person to listen to them complain about another. There's a lot of politics that comes with the job in house. If you have good management, then your work-life balance can be awesome but at the same time they may completely ignore you for hours in the future. I've gone two weeks where I literally only worked 4 hours. Also, none of the product really changes and visual merchandising can be super easy or really tedious, like I said: depends on management. Also, when I say management I don't mean management to include third keys and the ASM. Just the actual manager & the DSM.

Pay your managers more, and don't have so many in one store. There needs to be more sales associates.

Other reviews for Claire's Stores

worst experience ever.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

- discount??
    sorry i have not had the best experience ever. I wouldn't know what else to add.

Cons

-the discount is nice, but then again you always have to be buying stuff.
    -there are no breaks, it doesn't matter if you work 8/9/10 hours
    -work every weekend.
    -people don't last
    -there is no real HR, the environment is not the best.
    -payroll is non existant
    -SM's biggest fighting tool is "ill talk to the dm"

DMs only interact with the store managers leaving everybody behind. What about when the managers are the problem? :)

Lack of customer service and poor training

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Discount, rewarding when it comes to customers, friendly staff

Cons

Terrible management staff, lack of training for all employees, poor communication, DSM and RSM are useless and do nothing to help you out, doesn't promote from within company, over work employees, high turnover rate, for little pay for all the work you put in, constantly cuts payroll hours which leaves one employee to run the store for 8+ hours without taking a lunch break.

I wish I had more pros to say about this company but unfortunately I don't. This company used to be a fun and exciting place, but over the last couple of years this company has gone down hill. Claires is spending more money on opening new stores than actually spending money on their employees moral. I have seen so many excellent employees leave this company because they are treated so poorly. Most of the management staff are poorly trained and this due to the fact that the company spends so little time on training its employees. Whem I first started out a member of management had to go through 2-4 weeks of training, depending on the position. Now it less than 20 hours of training! This company is setting their employees to fail. On top of being poorly trained as a manager, your expected to run the entire store by yourself for countless hours, most of the time without taking a lunch. The company doesn't care if you need coverage or need a break. All they care about is making sure that they are making money, while over working and under paying you. Dont bother addressing these issues to your DSM. They will not help you out. Don't expect to get promoted for all your hard work that you have done by yourself, because Claires rarely promotes within. I have seen soo many talented individuals that should have been promoted but weren't. Which eventually causes them to leave for better opportunities. This company doesnt care about the overall well being of its employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!