Claire's Stores
www.clairestores.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Good for a while, not someplace you want to retire in

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Danville, CA

ProsGreat discount. The focus of the company is to provide a great experience for the customer, and this is something they focus on in their intensive training program that was recently updated. A service all stores can provide, even though some don't bother with, are the Celebrate Parties for kids. The parties are fun and break up the monotony of the day to day work by letting you play with the kids.

ConsThe amount stress and overall experience in the store can vary widely depending on your District Manager. The pay is on the low end, and unless you are a high traffic store you operate at the minimum amount of hours to function. Only Store Managers and Assistant store Managers are eligible for benefits and bonuses. Keyholders are expected to be fully invested in the store while only being scheduled 10-20 hours a week so the turn over rate for this position is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more time in your Keyholders, the store depends on them to function. Maybe add another position for part time management with guaranteed amount of hours to entice employees to stay and be more invested. Corporate needs to get with the times and begin online applications for in store positions.

Pretty enjoyable job, hectic during holiday seasons

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Augusta, GA

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Always something to do, hours are good, slight discount. Cons: Customers mess up the store all day every day and you hace… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Drama Central for Low pay

Third Keyholder (Current Employee)

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good discount, interesting clientele, good training on ear piercings. Cons: Pay is awful. & It's a predominantly female population, with a lot of female drama. I don't think there's been a day where I've worked… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your managers more, and don't have so many in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding. All reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees.