Good for a while, not someplace you want to retire in

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Danville, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in Danville, CA

I have been working at Claire's Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great discount. The focus of the company is to provide a great experience for the customer, and this is something they focus on in their intensive training program that was recently updated. A service all stores can provide, even though some don't bother with, are the Celebrate Parties for kids. The parties are fun and break up the monotony of the day to day work by letting you play with the kids.

Cons

The amount stress and overall experience in the store can vary widely depending on your District Manager. The pay is on the low end, and unless you are a high traffic store you operate at the minimum amount of hours to function. Only Store Managers and Assistant store Managers are eligible for benefits and bonuses. Keyholders are expected to be fully invested in the store while only being scheduled 10-20 hours a week so the turn over rate for this position is high.

Invest more time in your Keyholders, the store depends on them to function. Maybe add another position for part time management with guaranteed amount of hours to entice employees to stay and be more invested. Corporate needs to get with the times and begin online applications for in store positions.

Other Reviews for Claire's Stores

Pretty enjoyable job, hectic during holiday seasons

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Augusta, GA

I worked at Claire's Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Always something to do, hours are good, slight discount.

Cons

Customers mess up the store all day every day and you hace to fix the same things many times a day. Closing is tedious.

Drama Central for Low pay

Current Employee - Third Keyholder
    Current Employee - Third Keyholder

I have been working at Claire's Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good discount, interesting clientele, good training on ear piercings.

Cons

Pay is awful. & It's a predominantly female population, with a lot of female drama. I don't think there's been a day where I've worked with one person to listen to them complain about another. There's a lot of politics that comes with the job in house. If you have good management, then your work-life balance can be awesome but at the same time they may completely ignore you for hours in the future. I've gone two weeks where I literally only worked 4 hours. Also, none of the product really changes and visual merchandising can be super easy or really tedious, like I said: depends on management. Also, when I say management I don't mean management to include third keys and the ASM. Just the actual manager & the DSM.

Pay your managers more, and don't have so many in one store. There needs to be more sales associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!