Claire's Stores
www.clairestores.com Hoffman Estates, IL 5000+ Employees

Don't know what other people are talking about...

Third Key (Current Employee)

ProsI love my job. Love kids, love the discount, and love that if you work your butt off there is possibility to grow with the company! :) I'm not sure what other people are talking about... But my management team is VERY supportive and I love working with them. My store manager is GREAT at her job, and she loves what she does. If anyone in our district has any questions, they call our store. She is excellent at doing the schedules, and works around our schedules. The company told us we needed another Sales Associate, and she told them she wouldn't hire another one because it would take too many hours from the 3rd keys and Assistant Manager. The company gives us close to enough hours for all 5 of us. (Small staff... I like being close to my coworkers, but this could be a con depending on who you are) The district manager visits our store often and gives good feedback, not always positive, but she's very good at telling us negative things in a positive manner. All in all, I love this job. (I had a second job at KMart for a little while, comparatively, this job is about a thousand times better... You have to appreciate what you have.) Also, we do have daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly plans, and although sometimes we don't make them, we do get bonuses based on our percentage up from our last year sales. Only management gets the bonuses though. Sorry associates, no bonuses until you get promoted. :(
Also, if anyone has any questions, ALL THE POLICIES ARE IN THAT BLACK BINDER... GO LOOK THEM UP.

ConsWe are expected to greet EVERY customer, no matter if they're homeless or we have all four of our hands full... A lot of work is expected, but as I said above, it IS rewarded. I think (but I'm not positive) there is some inside shrinkage going on in our mall... And I wish we had closer to set schedules, but I love this company so there's not too much to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd have to say... The corporate world is lacking in listening to our district manager in a few departments... Our store would like more hours... But they're not giving it to us... And we've been having problems with shipping things... 1-800-CLAIRES told asked us if we were doing it correctly... Wow... Please don't assume we're stupid. We're telling you we don't like this company. Arg.

Overworked and Underpaid (and Understaffed)

Third Keyholder (Former Employee)

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros: Some of the upper management (District Managers and up) are kind, respectful, helpful. Theres a lot of locations so usually transferring isn't too bad if you… Cons: Pay sucks Big time. But its not the worst. Starting for associates is still min wage for most places. Considering the crap load… Advice to Senior Management: Just dont bother workinghere. Youll most likely get paid… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros: Great disocunt, fun environment. Corporate definitely keeps field executives informed of changes and communicates frequently. Currently developing… Cons: While you are informed sometimes the information can be overwhleming and misinterpreted. There is very little work/life balance. Upper… Advice to Senior Management: Treat store level associates with more respect and give them… More
There are newer reviews on Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Claire's Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Claire's Stores CEO James D. Fielding. All reviews posted anonymously by Claire's Stores employees.