Claire's Stores

www.clairestores.com

Fun place, nice customers, but low pay

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI loved ear piercing. Little girls would come back to the mall with big smiles and tell you how good they are taking care of there ears after you pierced them. it happened a lot and it was always very cute! The days didn't drag on since there was always something to do, putting out stock, ringing up a purchase, reorganizing all the stuff that people messed up while shopping.

ConsKids would skip school and come in and rob the place blind. Mall security is supposed to come and help you when you witness some one leave the store with an item they didnt pay for- but it took them for ever and I was often in the store by myself. I should have had more help, but the hours that we were given to schedule our staff for was never enough. We were a high volume store (just under a million dollar store) and we had a skeleton staff. This was even harder in x-mas season- when the mall is open later and you still have the same amount of labor hours to use.

Advice to Senior Managementdont think of this as a career- it will only frustrate you. instead enjoy the light and fun environment. if you can make bonuses- they are good, and they have prizes for contests from time to time too. Over all- it's a low paying job, but fun. and you get first dibs on the clearance earrings!

stressful but should not have been

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros: Pay Discount 50% off Bonuses Constantly changing merchandise Cons: Inexperienced store management District manager very grumpy and preferred dealing with one… Advice to Senior Management: It says a lot when employees work for the company as long as they do but why play favorites? Give everyone a chance and not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

decent place to gain retail experience

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros: advancement oppurtunities friendly customers friendly co-worker Cons: horrible district and regional managers long hours work alone most shifts not very good pay you harldy EVER get raises no matter how hard you try or show… Advice to Senior Management: stop having impossible standards More

There are newer reviews on Claire's Stores.

Worked for Claire's Stores? Contribute to the Community!