Claire's Stores

www.clairestores.com
There are newer employer reviews for Claire's Stores

Fun place, nice customers, but low pay

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

I loved ear piercing. Little girls would come back to the mall with big smiles and tell you how good they are taking care of there ears after you pierced them. it happened a lot and it was always very cute! The days didn't drag on since there was always something to do, putting out stock, ringing up a purchase, reorganizing all the stuff that people messed up while shopping.

Cons

Kids would skip school and come in and rob the place blind. Mall security is supposed to come and help you when you witness some one leave the store with an item they didnt pay for- but it took them for ever and I was often in the store by myself. I should have had more help, but the hours that we were given to schedule our staff for was never enough. We were a high volume store (just under a million dollar store) and we had a skeleton staff. This was even harder in x-mas season- when the mall is open later and you still have the same amount of labor hours to use.

dont think of this as a career- it will only frustrate you. instead enjoy the light and fun environment. if you can make bonuses- they are good, and they have prizes for contests from time to time too. Over all- it's a low paying job, but fun. and you get first dibs on the clearance earrings!

366 Other Employee Reviews for Claire's Stores (View Most Recent)

stressful but should not have been

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Claire's Stores

Pros

Pay
    Discount 50% off
    Bonuses
    Constantly changing merchandise

Cons

Inexperienced store management
    District manager very grumpy and preferred dealing with one or two store managers out of 10 or so stores
    Lack of hours

It says a lot when employees work for the company as long as they do but why play favorites? Give everyone a chance and not just your go-to's. Take a vacation and some time to relax instead of being so grumpy to your employees. Stop with the gossip and petty behavior.

decent place to gain retail experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Claire's Stores

Pros

advancement oppurtunities
    friendly customers
    friendly co-worker

Cons

horrible district and regional managers
    long hours
    work alone most shifts
    not very good pay
    you harldy EVER get raises no matter how hard you try or show you deserve it. my manager has said i deserve a raise but the upper management will not approve it, and if i did get one most i'd get is .20cents and i wouldnt be elligable for another one for another year.
    very stressful.
    be prepared to be really tired after any shift you work

stop having impossible standards