Clarity Consulting

www.claritycon.com
  www.claritycon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clarity Consulting

A fantastically-run company with low company BS and high employment and pay opportunities.

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clarity is a consulting firm run by consultants. Many of my previous jobs was full of meetings, HR uselessness, power trips, and tenure-based compensation, but Clarity throws all that aside. If you work hard and make yourself known, you will move up the ladders quickly. The hierarchy is very flat and there are really only 3 positions: Engagement Engineer, Engagement Manager, and Principle. Every leader has been a developer before and every person I have met so far is bright and been in your shoes.

Cons

Commuting to client offices is sometimes terrible. Along those lines, some client offices are bloated like typical companies and sometimes you get caught in the crossfire. There are not many holidays and getting at least 40 hours a week is more important than my previous jobs.

Keep doing what your doing. Clarity is a fantastic place to work.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Clarity Consulting (View Most Recent)

Great company with lots of room for advancement

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

You work with very talented individuals who are passionate about what they do. Everyone is willing to help teach and share knowledge. Management is clear on expectations, and what needs to be done to move up the ladder - they tend to promote from within. Work/life balance is encouraged while over time is discouraged by paying salaried workers an over time rate.

Cons

Some consider the need for initiative (you are responsible for learning new things, reaching out for help when you need it) a con, sometimes travel to the suburbs is required

Keep it up!

Phenomenal place to start a career

I have been working at Clarity Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

To be straightforward, I can't think of a better place to start a career (and to continue it). Clarity has the flexibility of a small company, and the stability that comes with having been around for ~20 years. Moving up is merit-based, and they prefer to promote from within. It's a really great group of people, and being social is important to everyone. It's very much a work hard, play hard atmosphere. Work-life balance is really important, and if you do end up being on a project that requires a lot of hours, you get paid overtime for it, so it balances out! Clarity's projects span lots of industries and technologies, so it's a great way to get exposure and stay versatile, which is important for any software developer. I've really gotten the feeling that the partners/upper management (though upper is relative given the flat structure of the company) really care about their employees.

Cons

Having a consulting job means sometimes you get stuck with a terrible commute to the suburbs for a project, or that you're on a project that isn't thrilling. That's the nature of consulting

I really like that the partners are very visible, and are easy to talk to. Keep that up

There are newer employer reviews for Clarity Consulting

Worked for Clarity Consulting? Contribute to the Community!