There are newer employer reviews for Clark Nexsen Architecture

good reputation, but long hours

Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Clark Nexsen Architecture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good reputation, nice location, training programs

Cons

long hours and weekend without reward

Other Employee Reviews for Clark Nexsen Architecture

1. Corporate atmosphere

Former Employee - Mechanical CAD Tech in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Mechanical CAD Tech in Norfolk, VA

Pros

if you are interested in climbing the corporate ladder.

Cons

Shirt and tie and lots of meetings.

Advice to Management

Communicate with staff and develop new hires.

2. "Best Place to Work in Hampton Roads", by Inside Business magazine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Clark Nexsen has given me the best opportunity for both personal and professional growth. I left the firm that I had been with for 15 years because they did not offer the upward growth paths that Clark Nexsen offered, and more importantly, they delivered. I have been here for over 10 years now, and could not imagine working anywhere else. The diverse projects, the talented staff and co-workers, is what gets me up in the morning! Growth and promotion is not going to be just handed to you, and it doesn't make any difference how long you have been here, if you work hard, you will be rewarded. The benefits are better than almost all of the competitors, and in good years, management bonuses back the profits to ALL the employees. Clark Nexsen does more for its employees than any other A/E I know. Recently, they were selected as the "Best Place to Work in Hampton Roads", by Inside Business magazine.

Cons

Would be great if there were more opportunties to "tele-commute", but in our industry it just doesn't seem to be realistic. The types of projects may seem mundane to some, but they pay the bills, and afford the opportunity to work on some great projects when they come along.

Advice to Management

Create a "management" blog, and use this to convey weekly information to the employees. Company does have a weekly all hands Monday morning meeting, but attendance is not mandatory and when information is shared, many employees are missed becuase they chose not to attend the weekly meeting.