Dissapointing Opportunity & Extremely poor treatment of staff

Current Employee - Event Coordinator/Assistant  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Event Coordinator/Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Clarke Allen Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Network of Clients & Vendors you build
Experience from Senior Designer

Cons

This company has gotten away with free labor or paying very minimum wage for the 18 years they are in business. For even the most qualified individuals with a bachelor's degree and years in the hospitality industry, you will be brought on for an unpaid internship which has 10% chance of turning into a "paid" position of $10/hr - no commission, no raises. They make empty promises to employees and have gotten by hiring a new group every 6 months after the trained and qualified employees get fed up with the poor management, lack of structure, and insulting compensation and eventually leave.

The Clarke Allen Group presents itself as youthful and innovative but falls short and represents a failing, unreliable & unfaithful company. While you may get lucky planning an event here with one of their Coordinators or Designers on staff, rest assured that same employee will not be there the next time you call.

Unfortunately for Clarke Allen Group, this company serves merely as a platform for youthful, talented and educated individuals who end up using this "opportunity" as a springboard for their real career which will provide them with more autonomy, respect, and proper compensation in one day than you would receive at Clarke Allen in a year.

Treat your employees with the respect they deserve; people are not disposable. It is both insulting and dissapointing to work for this company and receive nothing in return after endless hours of labor. Not to mention the daily scrutiny of having to prove your self-worth.

Other Reviews for Clarke Allen Group

Internship at Clarke Allen

I have been working at Clarke Allen Group as an intern

Pros

Interning at Clarke Allen was probably one of the best decisions I have made. After graduation, you're not exactly prepared for the real world and the real event planning business but Clarke Allen gets you hands-on experience. I have learned more through the Clarke Allen group about event planning than I did in school. When I say Clarke Allen is a hands-on company, they really do show you the insight to event planning and what comes with it. After being on sight and working with all of these wonderful employees, I feel that I am more prepared for the industry and I look forward to being in it!

Cons

I don't think 12 weeks is enough to learn everything Clarke Allen has to offer!

Management is always very helpful and they know when to step in and when you must learn things for yourself.

Hands On Internship Experience with Very Helpful and Friendly Staff.

Former Employee - Event Coordinator/Assistant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator/Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Clarke Allen Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Working at Clarke Allen was the first look into event planning that I have ever had. Being an intern, I didn't expect to be working on so many actual projects, but this company proved me wrong. From the moment I started, I was assigned several tasks including client proposals, vendor communications, and budget sheets. I was able to understand each aspect of making an event come to life. The staff was always willing to answer my questions and lead me to another task. I loved being able to work on an event from start to finish and I was even able to travel with the team to work on-site an event. Being an intern at Clarke Allen definitely helped prepare me for a career in this industry!

Cons

4 months was way too short to spend with this company!

Thanks for being so willing to help get the interns more involved with the entire event planning process.

There are newer employer reviews for Clarke Allen Group.

Worked for Clarke Allen Group? Contribute to the Community!