ClassWish

www.classwish.org
  www.classwish.org
There are newer employer reviews for ClassWish

Warning (Internship)

I worked at ClassWish as an intern

Pros

Pretty easy work, and you are able to work off your computer.

Cons

This company seems to hire you as an intern, gets you to do a project, and after you're finished with a project, they do not contact you back.

14 Other Employee Reviews for ClassWish (View Most Recent)

Awesome Internship !

I worked at ClassWish

Pros

I interned at ClassWish from last September to November, and worked on a wide variety of things, including research, strategy, presentations, and the like. It was a complete dream and a great experience. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. I felt welcomed, not like the "new kid on the block." There are interns there from all over the world with many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and that diversity makes it an even more exciting place to work.

It feels great getting up every day knowing that I’m in some way helping to supply less fortunate kids with what they need for school, which is what ClassWish is all about. Something that I really dug was that you were able take on as much responsibility as you could handle, which is AWESOME for us high-energy types. That makes it a great opportunity to learn a lot.

I learned so many new things. The number of useful skills that I gained at ClassWish was amazing and they're extremely marketable, which I have not encountered to this degree interning elsewhere. So if you're looking to use skills that you already have and gain some new ones, I highly recommend ClassWish.

The cream on top though, is a boss who wants to make sure that everyone has a great experience and learns a lot. Robert Tolmach (who was my boss), was one of the most approachable people that I have had the pleasure of working with. No matter how busy this guy got (and trust me, he was always very busy) he always took the time out to answer any questions or concerns that anyone had, and to explain what was going on. It was like a private tutorial from someone with lots of very impressive professional experience (check out his Linkedin page).

At the end of the day, this is without a doubt the kind of environment that I had hoped to find for an internship and that I hope to find again when I finish school.

Cons

internship had to come to an end :(

Please keep up the good work.

Much to gain!

Former Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

I worked at ClassWish as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The CEO is passionate about the company's mission to provide teachers in need with the proper supplies to educate the next generation. A friendly work environment with endless possibilities (if you know what your doing). I knew what I wanted to do and accomplish durring the internship. The CEO assigned tasks to me that would help me accomplish those goals and even allow me to implement an accounting system as I expanded upon those tasks. I've learn a lot from this internship and would recommend it to anyone that is active, motivated, and want to make a difference.

Cons

Unpaid internship, but a great place to start. You need to bring your own laptop to work, but you get the software you need free of charge.

There are newer employer reviews for ClassWish