Classified Ventures

www.classifiedventures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Classified Ventures

Great culture, great people, and a handful of terrible middle-management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Classified Ventures full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great location, ideal demographic for young adults, very good benefits.

Cons

My pay was garbage because of the 'great' benefits. Zero work life balance.

The middle management/supervisors of certain departments are horrendous people, and even worse leaders. Some of them were promoted to Supervisor after barely a year of entry level work because of his history with his boss, meanwhile much more qualified people who have been there for 7 or more years still sit in the same position.

If I knew the tragic wretch of a boss I was going to have I NEVER would've taken the job. It is simply amazing what some people will do with the smallest bit of power, and it is these bitter middle-management denizens who simply glide under the radar and commit heinous acts (firing someone out of spite, denying someone's bonus, blaming his own mistakes on his team so they take the fall, etc.) I don't need to even explain the inaccuracies of his direct reporting to the VP--senior management wears blinders and middle management fills their ears and heads with false information.

When I thought I hit rock bottom this guy always found a shovel. Luckily what with apartments.com selling and cars.com being put up, CV will dissolve--and I will smile imagining my old boss trying to find new employment with his attitude. No one to promote him beyond his ability, poor guy.

I would not recommend working here unless you can watch people take credit for your work and ream you for other people's mistakes. They do not even acknowledge cost of living merit increases--they can straight up deny you your entire raise if your boss is a good enough liar with paper trails.

55 Other Employee Reviews for Classified Ventures (View Most Recent)

Definitely pros and cons for working for this company

I worked at Classified Ventures

Pros

Pros is the spirit and culture of Classified Ventures. You're allows to innovate and work on unique initiatives.

Cons

Cons is how they discriminate against older employees and push them out of the company.

I worked for CV 7 years+ over 8 years ago and it had a big impact on my career. Its a great place to work

I worked at Classified Ventures

Pros

Great leadership, great people, big digital company in the midwest, great products

Cons

Sometimes the newspaper ownership can slow things down

Keep going fast; infuse some independent board membership

There are newer employer reviews for Classified Ventures