Classified Ventures

www.classifiedventures.com
  www.classifiedventures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Classified Ventures

Apartments.com is a solid company that I was proud to work for.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Classified Ventures

Pros

I loved the people at Apartments.com! Everyone was so nice & helpful and upper mgmt seemed to realize the importance of creating strong team environments. The company was very generous in hosting a huge Christmas party for everyone and team events that allowed employees to forge stronger relationships with one another. I think the companyw as very supportive of their employees to ensure their success. The company seemed to encourage individual career development by offering training classes.

Cons

I don't think there were many downsides to working at Apartments.com other than I did not care for my immediate boss who was very demotivating and condescending. Other than him, everyone else in upper management was outstanding!

Listen to your employees; they have great ideas and knowledge about the industry!

55 Other Employee Reviews for Classified Ventures (View Most Recent)

Great work/life balance but not a place to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Classified Ventures

Pros

There is an interesting paradoxical culture here. On on hand, there is an air of entrepreneurial spirt that comes with working in interactive media. The company's recent growth has brought on a lot of fresh, young (and sometimes smart) blood. Many senior leaders are accessible and willing to hear new ideas. On the other, this company's stodgy newspaper heritage is evident in its slowness to react to the marketplace, risk averseness and a myopic vision of media's future.

CV is a place where a 40-hour work week is praised and practiced by everyone from the lowliest intern to senior management.

If you're smart and aggressive, it's not too hard to shine here.

Cons

There is no defined career path in the organization -- most people seem to be here for a couple years and move onto something else.

The benefits package is solid, but pay is below average.

Too many managers, not enough doers -- particularly in departments outside of sales.

A sales (read: non-strategic) orientation prevails throughout the organization. Focus throughout the company is on what's happening next month, not what's happening in five years.

Get a strategic plan in place and communicate this company's vision to employees. Create a career track for professional (non-sales) employees or be up front that there isn't such a track in place.

How to get ahead in business without really knowing anything

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Classified Ventures

Pros

Benefits, 40 hour week, you get to work indoors in the winter.

Cons

Bizarre culture, too much process, too many managers not enough doers.

Start paying attention to how many layers of middle management you're growing.

There are newer employer reviews for Classified Ventures

Worked for Classified Ventures? Contribute to the Community!