Clayton County public Schools

www.clayton.k12.ga.us

A View From A Special Ed. Teacher

Itinerant Special Ed Teacher (Current Employee) Jonesboro, GA

ProsCCPS seems to provide lots of support to new (and new to the County) teachers compared to other counties where I have worked. Someone always seems willing to take the time to explain the procedures for dealing with paperwork, learning the IEP software, etc. Class sizes and caseloads are manageable. The faculty and staff seem to go out of their way to ensure that they know you on a personal level.

ConsSpecial Ed. teachers are often required to attend trainings that do not affect them and many times the faculty is unsure of what to do with the Special Ed. teachers when it comes to new procedures being implemented in the County.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many people with titles within a school (e.g., Special Ed. Teachers, Related Service Providers, a DES Chair Person, a Compliance Specialist, a Testing Coordinator, along with the usual hierarchy of department chairs, counselors, and administrators. It would be helpful to receive a flow chart with each person's title and his or her responsibilities so that time is not wasted hunting down the appropriate person for a specific task.

Bad school board

Teacher (Former Employee) Forest Park, GA

I worked at Clayton County public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Some great people to work with Cons: Pay freeze, furloughs, negative environment, students move a lot, school… Advice to Senior Management: Create more positive environments and more incentives No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Systemic Toxicity

Teacher (Former Employee)

I worked at Clayton County public Schools

Pros: Pay superior to other metro systems. Don't be fooled...it is combat pay. Combat pay facilitates getaways and resourceful ways to alleviate stress. Coworkers are… Cons: District in a fish bowl. Board reflects poorly on what truly occurs at local schools. Leadership "flips the script" on teachers, denying or withdrawing support. High levels… Advice to Senior Management: Fearfulness is not respect and the atmosphere is toxic with fear. You have the power and authority to alter this course. Treat people the way you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Clayton County public Schools.

Worked for Clayton County public Schools? Contribute to the Community!