There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Company is running scared

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Great facilities and great peers.

Cons

Clayton Homes is currently laying off yet they still are recruiting team members through radio ads and job fairs. It is hard to stomach a lay-off when you hear ads running for current employment.

Value your employees.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes (View Most Recent)

Very difficult dealing with constant management changes.

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Not necessary to have a college degree to advance within the company; a lot of training offered throughout the company.

Cons

Difficult to predict when you would be expected to work long hours as mid level management. Was expected to stay 16-18 hour days if GM or PM was angry with production.

Stop the management merry-go-round and let your production staff solve their own issues and take ownership of their product, good or bad.

Steer clear!

Current Employee - Housing Consultant
    Current Employee - Housing Consultant

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

You can make lots of $ if you're motivated

Cons

Expect to work 11 hours a day despite what you are told initially. Managers have autonomy to be there when they feel like it and sales covers 8am-7pm. So, if you have no life, jump right in. NO training until you defeat the odds and look promising, which I was able to do. There is very little sales support or construction support so you will sell homes, build them, be a receptionist, interface and juggle warranty issues from the house you sold last month and the person who bought 5 years before you got there. All this and an expectation to keep on top of building sales momentum. I am successful here, but the more successful, the less personal life you can have because you will go back to having 7 houses to build, calling trades, visiting sites, etc... oh, and no gas/car reimbursement. If you are motivated and want to make money but do not care about your family, a great place to work. I used to have weekends off, but when one our fellow salespeople didn't make it, it was put on us to be there all day every day and every weekend and I forgot what "vacation" means.

Support your sales team. We work tireless hours while you are home with your families. Give us a construction person to handle what bogs us down. We pay YOUR salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes