There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Good job

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

you can make a lot of money but YOU must get out there and do the work. No one else will take care of your business.

Cons

If you dont have a good manager in retail then it will be a tough job. But you cant blame your bad sales for there faults. I made plenty of money with a bad manager in charge. It cost me alot of time and stress. but if you truly want to make a good income its 100% up to you

cut 50% of the jobs in the corprate office and more will get done. To many chiefs, politics, and "recordintg for training purposes". We need to stop worring about hurting feelings of the people who arent doing there jobs. It takes 5 people (not counting there supervisors) to do what 2 did 3 years ago.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes (View Most Recent)

Employees considering sales, do not!

Current Employee - Housing Consultant
    Current Employee - Housing Consultant

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Fun people, they do throw a lot of good contests out there and keep the competition up to succeed. Problem is they provide no tools to succeed. You will find yourself involved in a lot of non - revenue generating tasks that pay you nothing and keep you sliding into a hole of draw. Such as finding land, building houses, battling with county offices on code and getting building permits. Not worth it. If you just sold homes, that would be fine, but 70% of the time you are coddling corporate for paperwork they already received or paperwork to get loans approved which is not a home salesperson's responsibility

Cons

Long hours, no support, management changes constantly. No ramp up period to learn product, you start digging a "draw" hole from day one and it's hard to recover.

No field support? You will just burn your people out and they will not stay....

Do not go in sales here.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Seemed like a great company, Berkshire Hathaway song & dance, but employer beware, it's a mess inside

Cons

Long, I mean 60 hour long work weeks, was not disclosed in the beginning. I showed up and found out the whole team had quit only to then be brow beaten into working LONG hours and continue to go into the "draw" hole. Don't do it, no training, no support, no money... I have moved on and am so much better off!

Stop spunging off salesforce, help them, don't cripple them

There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!