There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Employees considering sales, do not!

Current Employee - Housing Consultant
Current Employee - Housing Consultant

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Fun people, they do throw a lot of good contests out there and keep the competition up to succeed. Problem is they provide no tools to succeed. You will find yourself involved in a lot of non - revenue generating tasks that pay you nothing and keep you sliding into a hole of draw. Such as finding land, building houses, battling with county offices on code and getting building permits. Not worth it. If you just sold homes, that would be fine, but 70% of the time you are coddling corporate for paperwork they already received or paperwork to get loans approved which is not a home salesperson's responsibility

Cons

Long hours, no support, management changes constantly. No ramp up period to learn product, you start digging a "draw" hole from day one and it's hard to recover.

No field support? You will just burn your people out and they will not stay....

58 Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes (View Most Recent)

Do not go in sales here.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Seemed like a great company, Berkshire Hathaway song & dance, but employer beware, it's a mess inside

Cons

Long, I mean 60 hour long work weeks, was not disclosed in the beginning. I showed up and found out the whole team had quit only to then be brow beaten into working LONG hours and continue to go into the "draw" hole. Don't do it, no training, no support, no money... I have moved on and am so much better off!

Stop spunging off salesforce, help them, don't cripple them

Felt like the "Head-Honchos" only cared about sales & not you as a person.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

We had the best staff, a great system, but when sales were down..we got axed!!

Cons

if you have no life & enjoy working 10-12 hrs a day, plus no weekends off....this is for you. The senior leaders, zone managers, don't care about the individual, they only care about numbers & what have you done for them today. The problem today is lending. If there's no money to lend then no sales, then the sales associate gets fired.

As a former dedicated employee, I worked hard, treated customers with respect, but when sales were down...i was let go. I have a family that I need to provide for & there was no severance package to help, but you get your pay checks & live comfortably. Have fun flying around the country using the corporate jet!

There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!