There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

A lot for a little!

Current Employee - Home Consultant in Chesapeake, VA
Current Employee - Home Consultant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Customers are directed by internet advertising to Home Sale Centers so there are numerous prospects/leads.

Cons

They expect a lot for a little bit of pay you will sell the home, help obtain financing, prepare paperwork for several different closings on one sale, apply for permits, coordinate the contractors to build homes, visit job sites, etc. not a very organized process. The corporate office makes you jump through so many hoops to close one deal. You are also expected to go out in the field each week and put up signs on roads to help direct traffic and generate leads. Three jobs in one I would say for very little money. Recently lowered pay to 24,000 a year with no draw to pay back but lowered commission to on each sale. Very dissapointed in the process.

Pay your employees for the work they have to do. Bigger commissions along with the base pay to make it worth it.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes (View Most Recent)

Employer of Choice in the Housing Industry

Current Employee - Retail Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Clayton's approach to business and our commitment to our associates is one in the same - an unwavering commitment to do things the right way. Sales Professionals have the ability to experience career growth through increased personal income and the opportunity to take on sales leadership roles.

Cons

Working in a retail environment the hours can be difficult for some individuals to commit to but the need to be available to show homes and assist prospects on Saturday is a must.

Continue to explore additional housing options/floorplans that offer a great value to prospects. I believe in the Clayton product and believe that the more people we can share the benefits of building a Clayton Home versus contracting a site builder for Build on Your Lot projects will continue to increase Clayton's marketshare as America's Largest Homebuilder.

Not bad to get sales experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Clayton Homes

Pros

Opportunity to make decent money if you are a smooth talker.

Cons

Practices of management are not always what many would feel are ethical.

Take better care of your sales teams and put the store managers under closer supervision.

There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes