There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Good experience overall

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Asheville, NC
Current Employee - General Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great opportunity to make money for locations in the right area of the country. Excellent product. Great value in housing. General Manager shares P&L net profit with company. No cap on earnings.

Cons

Financing for customers is getting tougher. Land costs in certain areas of the country can be cost prohibitive. Housing market has been struggling. Many factors can get in the way of completing the sale beyond the customer saying yes (financing, budget constraints, interest rates and terms, zoning, etc.)

57 Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes (View Most Recent)

A lot for a little!

Current Employee - Home Consultant  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Home Consultant in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers are directed by internet advertising to Home Sale Centers so there are numerous prospects/leads.

Cons

They expect a lot for a little bit of pay you will sell the home, help obtain financing, prepare paperwork for several different closings on one sale, apply for permits, coordinate the contractors to build homes, visit job sites, etc. not a very organized process. The corporate office makes you jump through so many hoops to close one deal. You are also expected to go out in the field each week and put up signs on roads to help direct traffic and generate leads. Three jobs in one I would say for very little money. Recently lowered pay to 24,000 a year with no draw to pay back but lowered commission to on each sale. Very dissapointed in the process.

Pay your employees for the work they have to do. Bigger commissions along with the base pay to make it worth it.

Employer of Choice in the Housing Industry

Current Employee - Retail Recruiting Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Clayton Homes

Pros

Clayton's approach to business and our commitment to our associates is one in the same - an unwavering commitment to do things the right way. Sales Professionals have the ability to experience career growth through increased personal income and the opportunity to take on sales leadership roles.

Cons

Working in a retail environment the hours can be difficult for some individuals to commit to but the need to be available to show homes and assist prospects on Saturday is a must.

Continue to explore additional housing options/floorplans that offer a great value to prospects. I believe in the Clayton product and believe that the more people we can share the benefits of building a Clayton Home versus contracting a site builder for Build on Your Lot projects will continue to increase Clayton's marketshare as America's Largest Homebuilder.

There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!