Clayton Homes

www.claytonhomes.com
  www.claytonhomes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes

Mostly positive but not the direction for me

Current Employee - General
Current Employee - General

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time

Pros

Family run, good solid backing from Warren Buffett's owernship. World class customer service goals, good innovation and constant improvement. Upper management and the corporate office are full of classy people who really do care and every year the company is striving to add more value for customers and team members. This is really a quality company and is definitely the best by far in the industry.

Cons

this is a tough industry that relies on people having a good enough credit score to buy your product. Unfortunately, it has become much tougher to get people financed over the last several years while at the same time we have become much more highly regulated and have a whole lot more hoops to jump through. Managers commission for personally selling homes(which is encouraged) was cut by about two-thirds this year.

revise the manager home sale commission back to appropriate levels or stop pushing personal sales on the manager

63 Other Employee Reviews for Clayton Homes (View Most Recent)

Okay, but didn't like pay change

Former Employee - Home Consultant
    Former Employee - Home Consultant

I worked at Clayton Homes full-time

Pros

I loved meeting different people and selling homes. I worked with great people.

Cons

Not many people got approved and If they did, the bank offered silly down payments and interest rates. Long hours

Ridiculous

Current Employee - Home Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Home Sales Consultant

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pros are the smoke they blow up your butt when they hire you

Cons

General Manager changes way too often. Regional Manager says he is stepping in, just to lock himself up in an office "preparing for something else". They lied about salary. Saying 32,000 a year. Reality 23,000. Forced to learn things on your own. Strongly repremanded when you do things wrong, even if you were not trained properly. Not allowed to go to company trainings if management thinks store is short handed. Soooo, you dont get opportunity to learn. Advice...Run the other direction.

Make your regional managers accountable to what they "say" they are going to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Clayton Homes