Clayton Homes
www.claytonhomes.com Maryville, TN 5000+ Employees

Welcome to Military School

Maryville, TN

ProsCMH offers a guaranteed profit sharing program and the facility is impeccable. The salary is competitive for similar positions outside the industry.

ConsCMH does not have a lot of experience working with professionals. They treat degreed individuals like production workers. The 2 week vacation program leaves much to be desired and the lack of flex time creates a military school atmosphere. Existing management seems insecure and threatened by professional staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've strengthened the company by hiring a professional staff now listen to them. Treat the staff like professionals and they'll deliver.

Not crazy about corporate culture but local branch great

I have been working at Clayton Homes for more than a year

Pros: Relaxed culture, business casual, predictable hours Cons: Pay and benefits leave a lot to be desired About 10… Advice to Senior Management: Upgrade technology Offer better benefits Start a training program Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mostly positive but not the direction for me

General (Current Employee)

I have been working at Clayton Homes full-time

Pros: Family run, good solid backing from Warren Buffett's owernship. World class customer service goals, good innovation and constant improvement. Upper management and the corporate office… Cons: this is a tough industry that relies on people having a good enough credit score to buy your product. Unfortunately, it has become much tougher… Advice to Senior Management: revise the manager home sale commission back to appropriate levels… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Clayton Homes.

Worked for Clayton Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clayton Homes reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clayton Homes CEO Kevin T. Clayton. All reviews posted anonymously by Clayton Homes employees.