There are newer employer reviews for Clean Harbors

You could do worse

Current Employee - Program Manager
Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Clean Harbors

Pros

Good health insurance, company is growing

Cons

Pay is not the best

Give employees opportunity to move up

102 Other Employee Reviews for Clean Harbors (View Most Recent)

Good.

I have been working at Clean Harbors

Pros

Great company, doing great things.

Cons

Low pay. Some roles undervalued.

At this point, it's only a job.

I have been working at Clean Harbors

Pros

Its a place to work when there are no other jobs out there.

Cons

Communication between upper management and it's employee's including lower management SUCKS! It's a learn as you go process with Clean Harbors. Doesn't matter if you're out of pocket for expenses related to the job. THEY DON't CARE!
    Its coporate greed around here.
    The equipment is poor in condition. The programs we use are very user unfriendly. The trucks and trailers lack the ability to stay on the road, which in turns hurts the little guys paycheck. Getting them fixed is like having to jump through government red tape. A simple fix that would normally take an hour or 2 to fix, usually takes days due to them having to wait to get a purchase order from Clean Harbors. Service departments have caught on to the Clean Harbors way of paying their bills and won't attempt to fix anything without a purchase order number, and even then they are waiting enormous amounts of time to get paid. In turn, they are starting to refuse to work on equipment until other bills have been paid. Potential vendors are pulling out of the race to become an approved vendor with Clean Harbors. They're doing their homework and seeing that getting paid is an absolute nightmare.

Take some time to reward your employees for their hard work. Employee retention is definitely a key to success in this time of struggle in the U.S. Those who deserve better, should receive better. Legitament expense reimbursements should be paid without meeting the company's lame requirements of what is or isn't an expense. Bonus, incentives, even a simple "at a boy" helps at times for morale.
    Acquire better equipment. Not just for your National Trans divisions. The hand me down trucks and trailers other branches receive from National Trans only hurt the other branches who receive them. The expense to repair them outweighs the cost of replacing them with a new or newer model.
    Put in place a better avenue for getting the repairs to equipment done on a more timely basis. It hurts our business to have to wait for a PO to be issued before repairs can start vs. getting the repairs done then getting the PO. Get the equipment back to work first. Repair your connections to vendors. Restore their faith in our company by paying our bills sooner than 90 day increments. That will allow the fixing of our equipment without having to wait for a PO.

MORE TO COME ON THIS SUBJECT

There are newer employer reviews for Clean Harbors

Worked for Clean Harbors? Contribute to the Community!