Clean Harbors

There are newer employer reviews for Clean Harbors

Really not that bad

Former Employee - Account Manager in Norwell, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Norwell, MA

I worked at Clean Harbors full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My review comes after being in sales at several companies over 20 years. Most people here are genuinely good, hard working people. The benefits are great even after the increase we experienced this year. I would imagine the are better benefits than where you at. Very good base salary. Stock purchase plan is good(lowest price over quarter less 15&). 800 pound guerilla in the industry. Key to success here is figure out who can get things done and keep them happy. Training is heavy and lots of online courses for learning almost anything. Recently, they implemented a system to have new employees have a buddy and mentor to help get you started. Service that people HAVE to HAVE. Industry is only going to get bigger. Lots of people 10, 20 plus years here. If you want you could probably stay here for life.

Cons

Like every company I have worked with there are some issues, but stable and secure environment. Not sure if good or bad base salary is high but bonus are low. I am happy with pay for my role. If you are not careful you could turn into a customer service rep and not a sales rep.

Most roles have a way for promotion, but in sales it is not clear. As an account manager it is too easy to turn into customer service rep and get tied up with customer service issues. Job description for support roles seems to vary depending on local management not consistent on who does what across the board..

115 Other Employee Reviews for Clean Harbors (View Most Recent)

Work performance does not matter,

Former Employee - Foreman in Weymouth, MA
    Former Employee - Foreman in Weymouth, MA

I worked at Clean Harbors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits while there
    forgiving on time policy
    Lead management friendly
    lot of good people to work with shop has decent mix of experience and newness

Cons

Never of how long of day you will have hours can range from being available to working 40 hour in a row. If you have a safety violation your career won't count only that mistake and corporate kangaroo court will make decision on fate.

Employees should be able to address corporate so a fair decision can be made.

Believe No One

Former Employee - Technical in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clean Harbors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits always enough work to keep you busy.

Cons

No upward mobility when giving ideas for improvement. Management would rather do things the same way and push you to the edge. One day you feel like you are doing a great job the next and the next you feel like you are doing a bad job. All the while, you feel confused while management collects the bonuses from your work.

Your employees have figured your abusive management tactics out. Every time you try to intimidate, know that your pockets may get a little emptier.

There are newer employer reviews for Clean Harbors