Clean Harbors
www.cleanharbors.com Norwell, MA 5000+ Employees

Really not that bad

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Norwell, MA

ProsMy review comes after being in sales at several companies over 20 years. Most people here are genuinely good, hard working people. The benefits are great even after the increase we experienced this year. I would imagine the are better benefits than where you at. Very good base salary. Stock purchase plan is good(lowest price over quarter less 15&). 800 pound guerilla in the industry. Key to success here is figure out who can get things done and keep them happy. Training is heavy and lots of online courses for learning almost anything. Recently, they implemented a system to have new employees have a buddy and mentor to help get you started. Service that people HAVE to HAVE. Industry is only going to get bigger. Lots of people 10, 20 plus years here. If you want you could probably stay here for life.

ConsLike every company I have worked with there are some issues, but stable and secure environment. Not sure if good or bad base salary is high but bonus are low. I am happy with pay for my role. If you are not careful you could turn into a customer service rep and not a sales rep.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost roles have a way for promotion, but in sales it is not clear. As an account manager it is too easy to turn into customer service rep and get tied up with customer service issues. Job description for support roles seems to vary depending on local management not consistent on who does what across the board..

Work performance does not matter,

Foreman (Former Employee)
    Weymouth, MA

I worked at Clean Harbors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits while there forgiving on time policy Lead management friendly lot of good… Cons: Never of how long of day you will have hours can range from being available to working 40 hour in a row.… Advice to Senior Management: Employees should be able to address corporate so a fair… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Believe No One

Technical (Former Employee)
    South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clean Harbors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits always enough work to keep you busy. Cons: No upward mobility when giving ideas for improvement. Management would rather do things the same way and push you to the edge. One… Advice to Senior Management: Your employees have figured your abusive management tactics out. Every time… More
There are newer reviews on Clean Harbors.

Worked for Clean Harbors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clean Harbors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clean Harbors CEO Alan S. McKim. All reviews posted anonymously by Clean Harbors employees.