Clean Water Action

www.cleanwateraction.org
  www.cleanwateraction.org
There are newer employer reviews for Clean Water Action

Enjoyable but difficult work, great work environment

Former Employee - Field Manager
Former Employee - Field Manager

I worked at Clean Water Action full-time for more than a year

Pros

On turf, there was a great deal of autonomy. The work environment and other employees were great and kept me coming to work. It was rewarding to see concrete results come out of specific campaigns.

Cons

The work hours, canvasser's hours, were poor; work starts anywhere from 12:30 to 2:30 and ends around 11pm. The wages were not consistent with the amount of physical and emotional effort required by the job.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Clean Water Action (View Most Recent)

Rewarding work with dedicated people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Northampton, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, MA

I have been working at Clean Water Action part-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, including paid training and paid time off. Staff is very supportive, and you get to work outside! Positions of leadership (with pay increase) awarded on merit, not seniority. Transparency and accountability are valued highly. Personally rewarding work.

Cons

You don't accrue benefits like sick and vacation days unless you work more than half-time. Working outside in rough weather can be challenging, as well.

Hard work - rewarding and productive

Current Employee - Community Organizer  in  Montclair, NJ
    Current Employee - Community Organizer in Montclair, NJ

I have been working at Clean Water Action full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office culture is fantastic. Management does everything they can to make work fun.
    So much skill building! I've learned so much about communication skills and personal interactions while working here. My resume thanks me!

Cons

Very difficult work. Strenuous, tiring, and inconsistent. For five hours a day you are expected to walk around a town with a clipboard in hand talking to strangers - all while presenting a large smile. It's stressful work and it's not for everyone.

None. It seems like they have it all figured out. They can't possibly make the work any better.

There are newer employer reviews for Clean Water Action

Worked for Clean Water Action? Contribute to the Community!