Clean Water Action
www.cleanwateraction.org Washington, DC 500 to 999 Employees

The best non profit in training professional environmental activists

Office Manager, Administrator, Fundraiser (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Clean Water Action full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best reasons to work at Clean Water Action are: professional training on communication skills, team building environment, being part of a successful program.

ConsSome of the Cons for working at Clean Water Action are: low pay, most positions require intensive training before permanent hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementProgram staff had to make a greater effort to disperse concrete information to the fundraising staff about details on how the program is doing. In order for fundraisers to stay on staff, the program managers must treat them as integral parts of the success of the organization. That means, Keeping fundraisers "in the loop".

not too bad- Meetin' people

Canvasser (Former Employee)
Montclair, NJ

I worked at Clean Water Action part-time for less than a year

Pros: fresh air alot of young people to work with, you'll make… Cons: well, you're going door to door for an environmental group. Some people will be receptive, giving… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

high pressure, work hard play hard office with a progressive heart for advocacy and the environment

Canvasser (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Clean Water Action full-time for more than a year

Pros: good work experience, full benefits, PTO, incentive based bonus structure, fast promotion possibility, guaranteed… Cons: bad hours 2-10pm, high pressure fundraising, door to door canvassing difficulties like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Clean Water Action.

Worked for Clean Water Action? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Clean Water Action reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Clean Water Action CEO Robert Wendelgass. All reviews posted anonymously by Clean Water Action employees.